Yeah ain't it just amazing
How a god can tend a broken man
Yeah let him find a fortune
And then ruin it with his own two hands
Oh isn't it amazing
How a man can find himself alone
Calling through the darkness
For an answer that is never known
He walks on up the hill
The rock on which he stands
Looks back at the crowd
Looks down at his hands and he says
I am a difference maker
Oh I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one who speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
Yeah isn't it amazing
How a man can find himself alone
Calling thorough the darkness
For an answer that is never known
He walks on up the hill
The rock on which he stands
Looks back at the crowd
Looks down at his hands and he says
I am a difference maker
Oh I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
Yeah I am on the fence about
Nearly everything I've seen
And I have felt the fire
Put out with too much gasoline
And we're all strangers passing through
Places one afternoon
And life is but a vision
In a window that we're peeking through
A hopeless conversation
With a man who says he cares a lot
It's a hopeless confrontation
About who might throw a punch or not
But we are all transgressors
We're all sinners
We're all astronauts
So if you're beating death
Then raise your hand
And shut up if you're not
Oh I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
Video here if you didn't catch it on my facebook page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyhFbmIjP1k)
This song rocked me. It sounded just like it does in the video. I had to hear the verse a few times, but I finally caught on to what he was saying. I've tried to figure out how to pull myself out of this mini funk I've been in, to figure out what would make me better, help me get through and remember why I am here, why I'm at Whitworth and why I've been called. What is the difference between good days and bad? Christ. Good days are focused on Him and what He is calling me to do. Bad days are when I venture out on my own. Man, I felt like someone took the bible itself and slapped me upside the head. I feel encouraged at the reminder the song provided. Knowing it will be tough, but there is a difference maker out there for us all.
Blessings,
Jon
How a god can tend a broken man
Yeah let him find a fortune
And then ruin it with his own two hands
Oh isn't it amazing
How a man can find himself alone
Calling through the darkness
For an answer that is never known
He walks on up the hill
The rock on which he stands
Looks back at the crowd
Looks down at his hands and he says
I am a difference maker
Oh I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one who speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
Yeah isn't it amazing
How a man can find himself alone
Calling thorough the darkness
For an answer that is never known
He walks on up the hill
The rock on which he stands
Looks back at the crowd
Looks down at his hands and he says
I am a difference maker
Oh I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
Yeah I am on the fence about
Nearly everything I've seen
And I have felt the fire
Put out with too much gasoline
And we're all strangers passing through
Places one afternoon
And life is but a vision
In a window that we're peeking through
A hopeless conversation
With a man who says he cares a lot
It's a hopeless confrontation
About who might throw a punch or not
But we are all transgressors
We're all sinners
We're all astronauts
So if you're beating death
Then raise your hand
And shut up if you're not
Oh I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
I am a difference maker
Oh I am the only one that speaks to him
And I am the friendliest of friends of god
Video here if you didn't catch it on my facebook page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyhFbmIjP1k)
This song rocked me. It sounded just like it does in the video. I had to hear the verse a few times, but I finally caught on to what he was saying. I've tried to figure out how to pull myself out of this mini funk I've been in, to figure out what would make me better, help me get through and remember why I am here, why I'm at Whitworth and why I've been called. What is the difference between good days and bad? Christ. Good days are focused on Him and what He is calling me to do. Bad days are when I venture out on my own. Man, I felt like someone took the bible itself and slapped me upside the head. I feel encouraged at the reminder the song provided. Knowing it will be tough, but there is a difference maker out there for us all.
Blessings,
Jon
like :)
ReplyDeleteI was at that very same concert at The Knitting Factory. It was a very nice way to finish the concert. It brought perspective.
ReplyDelete