Wow, its been a few months since my last post. Guess that mean's only one thing: Work has started. Life has been crazy since August 1. Luckily it started slow (10 days to warm up) and ramped up quickly from there and has yet to slow down. Even when I took a quick trip to Hawaii to be a part of Kurt getting married, it didn't really slow down. Its been a weird year thus far with the shear volume of athletes we are seeing. Typically we have a lull before basketball starts in mid October, but that doesn't seem to be the case this year. The volume of stress and work to do will continue for us all until fall sports end. Then we might be able to take a breath. I have a few other blogs in process of being written, but after church yesterday, I felt like I needed to put a few quick things down and to let all 6 of my readers know I'm still alive.
In the midst of all that is going on I'm constantly reminded to find the calm in the storm. I have been reading the story of Job and I wish I had the faith he had. He had a group of friends that come to talk to him during his most trying times and he still holds steady in his faithfulness to God. My problems are minor compared to those he faced and most people are facing in today's world. The challenge it to keep the faith in good times and in bad. The bigger challenge is to help others along in during their time of need. So the question I have been struggling with is how do I do that. I see athletes every day that are struggling. I am an adviser for 16 freshman who I know are struggling with a variety of issues concerning their first year at college. But how can I make an impact and help them through their struggles. How can I be a light in my neighborhood that is struggling. How can help the two guys that are in the park every morning drinking or the kids skipping school to smoke weed and drink? Do I even want to help?
The biggest problem I see in what is written above is the word "I". I can't do it alone. As much as I want to be a problem solver, a person people come to in their time of need or a light to world, I need help because as much as they are broken people, I am a broken person. So whats the difference? Jesus. I may be broken, but I can take joy in knowing that brokenness is made whole by the death of Jesus Christ. Grace has saved me and made me whole once again.
So what do I do with this belief? How can I be a disciple to those I'm surrounded by. Am I willing to let go, put myself out there and trust, truly trust that God's will be done in my life? I hope to address these questions in the coming months through a series of blogs. (Yep, that's a hook so maybe I can keep my 6 readers)
No comments:
Post a Comment